Recently I have been thinking how pretentious these words are when related to a web site.
- Banned [Organ music of foreboding doom.]
- Suspended (It reminds one of school, doesn’t it?)
- Redacted (Who uses redacted in normal conversation? And why not call yourself a Redactor instead of an Editor?)
- Code of Conduct (John Walker pointed this out to me early on as not the way to go.)
- Moderated (Update from Mike)
Can you add to the list of pretentious words?
What are some more humble words to get across some of these thoughts?
If I have to use these words I expect at least the rank of Colonel and an uniform with plenty of medals. And also a Winter and a Summer Palace. Hey, maybe these words aren’t so bad after all. 🙂