I remember a friend telling me that WW2 was fought with paper and typewriters. That got me thinking of the other things that were lacking that we take for granted. Here is a list.
- Pallets and Containers (They used a lot of cargo nets at that time. A lot was moved by hand.)
- Copy machines (I think carbon paper did most of this work.)
- Cell phones (They had walkie-talkies but they were cumbersome.)
- Helicopters (It took a lot of time to get the wounded to the hospital.)
- E-mail (People wrote letters that took weeks or longer to get to people.)
- Good weather forecasts (This can really help if you are in the middle of an ocean.)
What am I missing? Oh, there was no CNN.