The Turner Movie Channel presented the film “The Trial” this past Friday night. I found much of it very much in sync with what has developed recently inside the Democratic Party and the “New Left.”
Briefly stated, the plot concerns a 17 year old Mexican young man, Angel, and his encounter at a private beach with a young white woman he knew from school. Angel is first seen by the audience after he shouts out a scream for help. People who are picnicing at the beach run to find him standing over the girl’s body, a look of terror on his face.
The girl is dead, and the police immediately haul him into the station for questioning as a suspect. Although the boy and the girl have been school mates, this is the 1950’s. The police know that there is something amiss with a poor Mexican youth being involved with the daughter of one of the town’s leading families.
However it later develops that the young woman had a lengthy history of rheumatic fever, and that rather than some forceful act of violence causing her to lose her life, her heart failed simply because of the deterioration that comes with this disease.
Due to the young man’s admission that they had engaged in petting, and that she had resisted somewhat, the District Attorney believes that Angel can be charged with murder. His explanation: since the excitement was caused when the girl wanted to object to his rapist-like advances then led to her heart over reacting and causing her death, then his passionate activities most likely had caused her death and he could be considered culpable.
Arthur Kennedy heads a law firm that wants to take on the case for defending Angel. But Kennedy’s character needs to travel to liberal NYC to arrange for fund raisers to help his firm withstand the legal bills. Glenn Ford is to stay behind and work on the case itself, while also developing a romantic interest in Kennedy’s secretary. Initially Ford has little idea that his boss in involved with various pro-Communism groups.
I will not post further information about the plot itself, as I do not want spoilers to ruin the movie for those who have not yet seen it.
One thing that cropped up in the dialogue of the film was various bits of statistical information. At that point in time, the film’s characters discuss how only 5% of a town’s population would be considered to be “White Supremacists” and the sort of trouble makers who believe in lynching. They considered the other 95% of the town would be scared of the five percent.
Of course, to hear today’s “New Left” discuss life in current day America, half the nation is now composed of true racists. These people secretly yearn to be admitted to the KKK or some other White Supremacy org. I suppose one way the Left has arrived at this trumped up statistic is that they consider anyone who evenly mildly and occasionally supports Trump as a racist. Likewise anyone who is opposed to open borders or even questions the metrics of various expensive programs to assist immigrants is also labelled as a racist.
Some few months ago, the New Left mobilized and put out a call to have tens of thousands of those on the Left descend on Washington DC to defend America. The Left’s leaders expected a parade featuring huge numbers of White Supremacists who would be marching through the Capital’s streets. Of course, the parade ended up involving a mere 24 or so White Supremacists. Considering that half of those people probably were posted to the parade by various alphabet agents to report on the inner workings of such a group, it was much ado about nothing.
But now we have a new logic being developed regarding sexual politics. Since some women have been assaulted sexually and never been believed and gotten their day in court, a man who most likely did not participate in the rough housing he was accused of should be denied his spot on the Supreme Court. The fact that such a proposition makes no sense and would upturn the entire fabric of our judicial system doesn’t concern the Left. Only the fact that women are crying now seems important. (And please don’t be rude and look behind the curtain to discover how they are paid actors.)
You do have to give the New Left some credit though – they have increased the number of White Supremacists when the metrics surrounding our society shows more integration in terms of housing, careers, and inter marriage than any time before. Only the Ludicrous Left could manage to increase the number of racists in America by 45%! And only those in the New Left could increase the number of rapists by re-defining sex crimes and standards for how an event from some 34 years ago should be viewed. And remember – if you agree with any of the statements I just wrote out – then you are a racist or sexist/rapist too!