Group effort today- what changes will occur to our society by year one AV (After Virus)?
I will throw a few out to get it started….
1.The airline that rips out every middle seat and charges 15% more will fly full . All others will follow. Cattle car planes will die like steerage class on ships.
2. Restaurants will move in three directions
a. Fast Food- rebuilt pickup with pre-ordering (Already underway)
b. Dense metro areas will move to Kitchen Only with Pickup rooms, online ordering and menu and move to industrial locations for lower cost /sq ft.
c. Full service will move out of dense urban cores (except the top 1%) to larger space with more table separation or enclosed booths in the near suburbs.
3. Mass transit will die or modify to one third capacity . Begin to be replaced by golf cart like electrics that are rentable and self cleansing.
4. Over 50% of the white collar workforce will work from home and the numbers will be reduced by 30% due to reduction in office nonsense time suckers.
5.Skilled blue collar jobs will expand
6. As the supply chains come home, new manufacturing plants will locate in states with cheap real estate, a skilled workforce and friendly regulation. States will fight to adapt the fastest. The Blue models for states will be shattered.
7. Home schooling will have a foothold with 20% of the students. As the profits possible are recognized, investement in content offering will skyrocket.
8. Personal virus defense for body and home will explode. The same technology used in food processing facilities will rush to adapt to a new market.
I have not touched the social changes, the community design changes, the religious changes and so forth.
Open field, start running. No idea too small or too outrageous.