20 thoughts on “Why I Avoid All Social Media”

1. I get it, but there are a few worth following if you want to know what’s going on in city streets right now. On Twitter Ian Miles Cheong receives video from people all over the country documenting the violence by Antifa, especially in Portland and NYC. I have kids in NYC and I want to know about it and where it’s taking place. Andy Ngo is also excellent on Twitter. Both these guys have gotten suspended from social media at times for reporting on things that Big Media just doesn’t want to be seen.

avataravataravatar
  2. Social media!  If you were an abusive (sub)government collecting tens of millions of Wuhan virus tests…wouldn’t you do DNA typing, databasing, and sample warehousing from a vast population that has largely escaped criminal characterization?  You never know when a planted smoking gun will make all the difference in the world after an unforced public confession to…everything.

3. The only social media I use is Facebook and Ratburger.org.   Ratburger.org is just fun.

Facebook is a great way to keep in touc-h with church members, especially now that half the congregation is participating via the online streaming worship.  It also keeps me in touch with extended family and a bunch of old school pals.

And I had a great extended back-and-forth with a former student who is a leftist in a big blue East Coast city, about media and the lack of trustworthy sources.

My Facebook feed is full up today with 9-11 remembrances.  That is good.

I post mainly on swamp things and on Big Tech censorship.  Otherwise my interaction on Facebook is limited to comments on others’ posts.  I don’t try to push hard; but keep gently pushing a few times a week.  It is just one way to counter the Big Media pressure that most of those Facebook denizens are subject to.

avataravatar
  4. MJBubba says:

Facebook is a great way to keep in touc-h with church members,

Data aggregation for future use.  Room 101 is always hungry.

5. I do like Laura Ingraham- great education, beautiful and wears cool clothes but no one is better than sharpening the knife and going for the jugular with her impressive intellect.

Tucker and Sean deserve their props as well but they’re not in the same league as Laura, Ann C, and the lovely Candance.

6. Uncle Al:

MJBubba says:

Facebook is a great way to keep in touc-h with church members,

Data aggregation for future use.  Room 101 is always hungry.

Yeah, I get that.  If the worst dystopian fears are recognized, I will be shipped to the gulag anyhow.  In the meantime, if I can help nudge America onto a path towards preservation of western civilization, then I need to press every way I can as hard as I can.

7. MJBubba:

Uncle Al:

MJBubba says:

Facebook is a great way to keep in touc-h with church members,

Data aggregation for future use.  Room 101 is always hungry.

At what point do we acknowledge that we are on the Titanic? The best solution is decentralization and dissolution of this…”union.” But people don’t want to hear that, so we are condemned to go down with this ship.

8. Robert A. McReynolds:

MJBubba:

Uncle Al:

MJBubba says:

Facebook is a great way to keep in touc-h with church members,

Data aggregation for future use.  Room 101 is always hungry.

Well, if so, then go down fighting, dammit.

avataravatar
  9. MJBubba:

Robert A. McReynolds:

MJBubba:

Uncle Al:

MJBubba says:

Facebook is a great way to keep in touc-h with church members,

Data aggregation for future use.  Room 101 is always hungry.

Well, if so, then go down fighting, dammit.

That seems like a wasted effort. I’d rather enjoy what’s left of the time I have in civilization before having to go all Wolverine in the bastards that did this.

10. Robert A. McReynolds:

MJBubba:

Robert A. McReynolds:

MJBubba:

Uncle Al:

MJBubba says:

Facebook is a great way to keep in touc-h with church members,

Data aggregation for future use.  Room 101 is always hungry.

Well, if so, then go down fighting, dammit.

Which is the sort of thinking that lets Democrats win.

11. MJBubba:
    Which is the sort of thinking that lets Democrats win.

Actually, all those quisling “the conservative case for…” pieces is what lets the Left win. Conservatism is progressivism driving the speed limit.

avataravatar
  12. drlorentz:So

MJBubba:
    Which is the sort of thinking that lets Democrats win.

So, are you not a conservative?

If not, then how do you self-identify politically?

Is there going to be any candidate on your ballot this fall that you can vote for?

13. MJBubba:

drlorentz:So

MJBubba:
    Which is the sort of thinking that lets Democrats win.

So, are you not a conservative?

If not, then how do you self-identify politically?

I’m not a cuckservative, which is what many people who call themselves “conservative” are. Everyone who writes or promotes “the conservative case for” something that the progressives advocate and that conservatives opposed about ten minutes prior. All the grifters like Jonah Goldberg, almost everyone at National Review, and apparently the folks at American Conservative as well. They are lapdogs for the Left, following along obediently a few paces behind. I’m also thinking of the muh principles conservatives™ who are content to lose with dignity (cf. 2008, 2012, 2016*).

The label conservative has lost all meaning because these conservatives have succeeded in conserving nothing. My views are on the record here, extensively. I reject your demand for me to label myself or explain myself any further to you. There are tens of thousands of words of mine available for you to read on this site if you’re interested in my views.

As for candidates on the ballot, the pickings are slim here in California. I will be voting for Mr Trump, not that that would make any difference here. And, in case you didn’t notice, Mr Trump is not a conventionally conservative politician – certainly not in the tradition of National Review and Conservative Inc. Do I need to remind you of the Against Trump issue?

If you don’t understand “conservatism is progressivism driving the speed limit” then I’d urge you to pay closer attention to what’s been happening for the last 30 years or so. I fully expect some “conservative” to write “the conservative case for pedophilia” soon, if this has not happened already, in the wake of the Cuties fiasco. For further details, check out my comments on the other thread, especially this one.

*John McCain, Mitt Romney, Egg McMuffin

avataravatar
  14. MJBubba:

Robert A. McReynolds:

MJBubba:

Robert A. McReynolds:

MJBubba:

Uncle Al:

MJBubba says:

Facebook is a great way to keep in touc-h with church members,

Data aggregation for future use.  Room 101 is always hungry.

Well, if so, then go down fighting, dammit.

Which is the sort of thinking that lets Democrats win.

They win anyway. Tell me what’s the compromise between very limited federal government and communism? And who wins? You will always be on the losing side.

avataravatar
  15. Robert A. McReynolds:

It’s a ratchet; the wheel only turns one way. As I wrote in a comment over at HW in the other place,

Much like tranny story hour, this Cuties thing will blow over until the next weirdo outbreak ratchets it up another notch. Something bigger that a brief firestorm on social media will be required to pull the pawl off the ratchet so it can spin the other way.

That applies to each and every leftist initiative. We get a few complaints followed by an explanation of how the new weirdness was really “conservative” all along. Rinse & repeat.

In this context, it’s instructive to watch TV shows from 20 or 30 years ago. They were making fun of things that are now the “new normal.” That’s how you get articles with titles like Millennials watching ‘Friends’ on Netflix shocked by storylines.

avataravatar