I find it endlessly entertaining how Trump is one big Hypocrisy Detector. I have seen him time and time again make people eat their words. These are some of his greatest hits.
- Will you support the nominee?
- Only a fool would believe that Trump could win. Scorn for thee but not for me.
- Will you support the election results?
- Illegal immigration is always a plus.
- I am above name calling.
- We should negotiate with North Korea. (Unless your name is Trump.)
- It’s only sex.
- Don’t quote the Bible.
I think Trump has the ability to do this because culturally he is like a Democrat. The Democrats are going in a sense after one of their own. They would let most of Trump’s things pass if he had a D after his name but since he doesn’t they show their double standards.
Last year, a solar power farm in the United Kingdom had a really bad day and blew one of the main fuses on its three-phase AC output feed. (If you work it out, this phase had a maximum power of 2.25 megawatts.) An engineer sent the blown fuse to Big Clive, who proceeds in the following video to find out what’s inside with the cheap-o X-ray device, how it works, and what the aftermath of a blown fuse event looks like. Cameo appearance by an ever-helpful cat.
The fuse is rated to break a short-circuit current of 40,000 amperes. The 36 kV rating is between phases, with 20 kV above ground.
Again I will bore my fellow Ratburgers with another short from a CD that I made some before I retired 15 or so years ago.
At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word “service“… the act of doing things for other people.
Then I heard the terms Internal Revenue Service, Postal Service, Civil Service, Service Stations, and I became confused about the word “service.” This is not what I thought “service” meant.
Then recently, I overheard two horse breeders talking and one of them mentioned that he was having his stallion service a few of his mares.
It all came into perspective. Now I understand what all those “service” agencies are doing to us!
You’re Hanging Your Toilet Paper Wrong—and Here’s the Patent to Prove It
Over or under? We finally have the answer.
(according to Reader’s Digest and Brandon Specktor)
1. Never take a beer to a job interview.
2. Always identify people in your yard before shooting at them.
3. It’s considered tacky to take a cooler to church.
4. If you have to vacuum the bed, it is time to change the sheets.
5. Even if you’re certain that you are included in the will, it is still considered tacky to drive a U-Haul to the funeral home.
1. When decanting wine, make sure that you tilt the paper cup, and pour slowly so as not to “bruise” the fruit of the vine.
2. If drinking directly from the bottle, always hold it with your fingers covering the label.
ENTERTAINING IN YOUR HOME
1. A centerpiece for the table should never be anything prepared by a taxidermist.
2. Do not allow the dog to eat from the table…no matter how good his manners are.
1. While ears need to be cleaned regularly, this is a job that should be done in private using one’s OWN truck keys.
2. Proper use of toiletries can forestall bathing for several days. However, if you live alone, deodorant is a waste of good money.
3. Dirt and grease under the fingernails is a social no-no, as they tend to detract from a woman’s jewelry and alter the taste of finger foods.
DATING (Outside the Family)
1. Always offer to bait your date’s hook, especially on the first date.
2. Be aggressive. Let her know you’re interested: “I’ve been wanting to go out with you since I read that stuff on the bathroom wall two years ago.”
3. Establish with her parents what time she is expected back. Some will say 10:00 PM; others might say “Monday.” If the latter is the answer, it is the man’s responsibility to get her to school on time.
1. Crying babies should be taken to the lobby and picked up immediately after the movie has ended.
2. Refrain from talking to characters on the screen. Tests have proven they can’t hear you.
1. Livestock is usually a poor choice for a wedding gift.
2. Kissing the bride for more than 5 seconds may get you shot.
3. For the groom, at least, rent a tux. A leisure suit with a cummerbund and clean bowling shirt can create a tacky appearance.
4. Though uncomfortable, say “yes” to socks and shoes for this special occasion.
1. Dim your headlights for approaching vehicles; even if the gun is loaded and the deer is in sight.
2. When approaching a four-way stop, the vehicle with the largest tires always has the right of way.
Never tow another car using panty hose and duct tape.
4. When sending your wife down the road with a gas can, it is impolite to ask her to bring back beer too.
5. Do not lay rubber while traveling in a funeral procession.
I found a CD that I made back when I worked for the government. These quotes are from one of the documents from That CD. Enjoy…
Inspirational Sayings For The Cubicle Era
Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by killing all those who opposed them.
If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos…then you probably haven’t completely understood the seriousness of the situation.
Doing a job RIGHT the first time gets the job done. Doing the job WRONG fourteen times gives you job security.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity
A person who smiles in the face of adversity…probably has a scapegoat.
Plagiarism saves time.
If at first you don’t succeed, try management.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether.
TEAMWORK… means never having to take all the blame yourself.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.
We waste time, so you don’t have to.
Hang in there, retirement is only thirty years away!
Go the extra mile. It makes your boss look like an incompetent slacker.
A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all.
When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee (or Beer) break.
INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY.
Succeed in spite of management.
Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment. Amen!!
From the “you just can’t make this stuff up” file, meet Great Britain’s newest political party: the CUK Party.
On the day when the United Kingdom was supposed to be leaving the European Union, the globalist, largely left-liberal “centrists” formerly of the Labour MPs — Chuka Umunna, Gavin Shuker, Luciana Berger, Ann Coffey, Mike Gapes, Chris Leslie, Joan Ryan, and Angela Smith — and the Tory Party — Anna Soubry, Heidi Allen, and Sarah Wollaston — announced they were formally instituting their new parliamentary faction as a political party, Change UK (CUK).
Promo code: hilarious!